BSA Troop 157 has been chartered in Herndon by various civic and religious organizations since 1934, making it one of the oldest still active troops in the northern Virginia area. Currently, we are chartered by Herndon United Methodist Church. Together with our brother organization, Cub Scout Pack 157, boys from six to eighteen enjoy the lessons of scouting through an increasingly demanding program of adventure and challenge.
Troop 157 meetings are held on Tuesday nights from 7:00pm to 8:30pm at the Four Seasons Club house, 1201 Herndon Parkway. The last Tuesday of the month is reserved for meetings of the Patrol Leader Committee (PLC) at 7:00PM and Troop Committee (TC) at 8:15 PM (currently via Google meet).
We are an active troop; for details, please see our calendar. Some of our regular activities include:
- Troop Meetings (weekly)
- Court of Honor (three times a year)
- Activity days or weekend campouts (monthly)
- Summer camp (one week annually)
- District Camporees (two per year)
- Herndon Festival (annually)
- 10 K race
- Lemonade Stand
- Civic and community service projects
- Bready Park Cleanup
- Christmas Tree Sale (annually, funds 85% of our activities, including membership fees)